International Page for Skateboard and Longboard Veneer Shipments
May 1, 2019
Standard Sizes – We carry 5 standard sizes with sanded faces in stock
- A. 9.5×35 inches = 24 x 89 cm
- B. 11×44 inches = 28 x 122 cm
- C. 12×40 inches = 30 x 102 cm
- D. 12×45 inches = 30 x 114 cm
- E. 12×48 inches = 30 x 122 cm
- Custom sizes and Thicknesses can be produced on orders of 350 (50 decks) or more pieces.
- Our standard thickness is 1/16 inch, or about 1.5 mm. We also stock 1.25 and 1.0 mm in crossband grades for the skateboard size.
- Minimum Order – The minimum is 70 pieces (10 decks) but international shipping will cost 3 times as much as the veneer for the minimum per the below
- Discounts – We have price breaks at 30 decks, 50 decks, 100 decks, 250 decks, 500 decks and more.
- Price conversion on our website. USD $1.00 per square foot = USD $10.764 per square meter
- The standard layup is 2 faces, 2 crossbands, and 3 cores, which is what we ship as a standard. Special requests are considered. For longboards, the layup is sometimes 8 or 9 ply. This is no problem, and if you want only 1 or 2 of the 3 grades, we can quote on this too.
- Shipping Options for Skateboard Maple Veneers are quite expensive. We can ship to your port of choice or direct to your company. We would need the shipping address and post code to quote your shipping costs.
Below are examples of shipment options:
- U.S.Postal Service maximum package
weight is 70 pounds
- 70 pieces of 1/16×9.5×35” can go this way. The shipping costs to overseas will typically cost more or much more than the $116.38 veneer cost.
- UPS maximum package weight is 150 pounds
- Our website shopping cart program (Foxy Cart) handles shipments over 150 pounds as multiple packages.
- For shipments over 150 pounds we work with freight forwarders to get the best shipping cost.
- Perhaps the best minimum Economic Ordering Quantity for international shipments is 500 decks worth of veneer. Typically 500 decks would be 3,500 pieces.
- 1/16 x 9.5 x 35” pieces would be in 2 crates and weigh approximately 975 Kilograms (2,149 pounds).
- The 2 crates would be about 2.82 cubic meters. (43x43x52 and 43x43x41 inches)
- The veneer for this size order costs $3,710 or $1.06 per sheet of veneer FOB Marwood.
Shipping cost examples from 2019 are as follows:
- 3,500 pieces of 1/16×9.5×35” to port of Brisbane, Australia 975 kg $1,180
- 350 pieces of 1/20×9.5×35” to port or airport of Stockholm, Sweden 104 kg $ 465
- 70 pieces of 1/16x12x48” to customer door in England 45 kg $ 433
- 70 pieces of 1/16×9.5×35” to Linares, Chile 20 kg $ 524
- 70 pieces of 1/16×9.5×35” to customer door in Curitiba, Brazil 20 kg $ 537
- 3,500 pieces of 1/16×9.5×35” to port of Los Angeles, USA 975 kg $ 390
Some customers find friends, or logistic companies in the U.S. to ship their orders by.
Sometimes we will ship to warehouses in the Los Angeles area, or Laredo Texas for Mexico shipments.
- Distributors – We have experience shipping to Australia, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, England, Germany, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, and Spain.If you would like to buy from distributors in the above countries, please contact Jim Martin at email@example.com
Our customers’ skateboards will be used in the summer Olympics built with Marwood’s premium maple veneer
Many thanks for your interest in our products. We look forward to hearing more from you.